Much of the information found in this category was presented at the 2012 Washington School Counselors Association Conference. While the presentation focused on School Counselors I have modified the content so that it is applicable to students, parents, teachers and counselors. As I learn of new tools I will be updating this section. You can view the original presentation here.
How Can Technology Benefit Our Students?
- Technology can accelerate, enrich and deepen basic skills.
- Technology can be a tool for motivating and engaging students.
- Technology can be a link to between academics and emerging practices in professional fields
- Technology can increase the viability of students in the work force…workers fluent in technology will make the workplace more effective, increase productivity and help ensure competitiveness in a global economy.
- Technology can strengthen teaching because it allows teachers to adjust and adapt the system to meet diverse student needs by focusing on student-centered learning
- Technology can be a catalyst for change in schools allowing students to see the connection between real life and schoolwork.
Salpeter, J. (1998). Taking stock: What’s the research saying? Technology and Learning, 18 (9), 24-25, 28-30, 32, 34, 36, 40.